View Single Post
Old 01-27-2019, 09:47 AM
Charter Member

I want to thank you ALL for the great advice and encouragement.

After a good night's sleep and a break from it, I realize that I can do some form (in varying degrees of success) of about 80% of the chords; and thanks to the observations and advice of a few of you, I have recalibrated my expectations of self and decided to make it a work in progress ...

I think that attempting the harder version after already working on the song for 2-3 hours was definitely a mistake, as it really doesn't look as daunting today.

One note: I am aware that there are many ways to play "cheat" versions of chords (not to be confused with inversions or other legitimate forms).

I make it a policy not to learn songs using "cheater" chords, as it has been my experience that applying the self-discipline to go back and learn it the right way once you have a working version is actually harder than learning it the right way in the first place. At least for me ...

YMMV, IMHO, OAISL, BNI ...

Thank you all again! Love the AGF.

~ Paul

** Since a couple folks have asked what chords are involved, thought I'd provide the link ... although his method is a bit scattered and he never came back and did Part 2; I like this version and there really aren't that many tutorials out there ... I also like the exposure to new chord voicings ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMXoj6OBAdM

Last edited by Ludere; 01-27-2019 at 10:27 AM.