View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 01:20 PM

Sorry, missed this because the title said "open mics". I've never done one, but I've used my X20 for numerous live performances.

It's splendid! I got it particularly for gigging, and I wouldn't trade it for anything else I know of. (I haven't played a Blackbird ekoa model yet, but I'm sure they rock.) I probably would never have considered a composite guitar if I were only playing at home. Would a high-end wood guitar sound/play better? I hope so, considering how much they cost. But it would be hard to play on stage with the mega-bucks guitar (and maybe me too) covered in bubble-wrap.

Although I got it for live performances, just yesterday I was marveling at being able to take such a high-quality guitar to the park without worry.

Mine has the K&K, which I like a lot. Needs a bit of EQ, but the results are solid. I'm considering getting a ToneDexter to take the sound to the next level.

I've never had an X20 feedback experience, but I've been lucky enough to have competent soundpeople (at larger events) or gentle volume levels (at smaller venues).

The only downside to the wonderful and delightful offset soundhole is that on small gigs where we need to do our own EQ and levels, I need to turn the PA up louder than it will be during the gig so that I can hear the PA adequately over the actual sound of the guitar coming up at me from the soundhole!

I bet you'll love your X20… and don't forget to post pics!

Aloha!