View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick84 View Post
I usually watch Richards videos with interest and one thing that constantly crops up is that he really does not like Taylor. I got into a brief debate with him over this video on Facebook.

He told me that Eastman use far better quality tone woods than Taylor. Obviously his opinion. I asked him how he had measured this or where he obtained this information and he didn’t respond.
I also pointed out that the difference is cost is due to the location and if you asked Eastman to produce the same guitars for the same price but in the US they wouldn’t be able to and probably would be more than the equivalent Taylor.

He used to be a Taylor dealer and something clearly went sour which has left him very bitter which does show in his videos at times. Anything he has to say about Taylor I tend to take with a pinch of salt. Especially a comparison video recorded on a mobile phone.
Yeah, I did gather he had a relationship with Taylor in the past that dissolved for some reason...certainly don't know the details...

I hear where you are coming from. He is only human and might carry some bitterness...Not totally sure...I don't really pick any up if there is some to be honest...He comes across as being reasonably impartial towards looking at things for what they are if I'm being completely honest...my opinion only...
2019 PRS Silver Sky