Thread: Bose L1 Pro16
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2021, 12:13 PM

Default Bose L1 Pro16

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGretsch View Post
I posted this in the Pro 8 thread...

My workhorse for small venues is my Bose L1 Compact. I love this system. It’s never let me down for hundreds of gigs, rehearsals, and home practicing. My experience with the L1 is the reason I purchased the Bose Pro16 rather than the Evolve 50. I’m now playing solo shows in larger venues and need “more power”. These are rooms that I would normally play with my band. Due to the Wuhan virus, they are now only booking solo shows.

The Pro16 sounds great, but mine had a high pitched (8.5K) ringing/hiss. I exchanged it for a new one but it had the same issue. I found out later that there were others with the same issue. I was willing to put up with the wobbly tower but I just won’t accept this quality issue. Apparently the Pro8 doesn’t have this issue. My guess is that it isn’t as wobbly because the tower is lighter and not as top heavy as the Pro16.

Long story short, I am waiting for my EV Evolve 50M to be delivered. It has the mixing features of the Evolve 30M plus a few other additional features. It has two effects channels with many reverbs, echoes, choruses and compressions to choose from.

This is a real time screenshot from my frequency analyzer...

I can’t figure out how to post photos on this forum???

Last edited by GreatGretsch; 02-21-2021 at 12:27 PM.