View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 10:03 AM

Default Which would you prefer?

I have no experience with carbon fibre guitars so I can't comment on the above recommendations.

I do however have a lot of experience with Furch (they've dropped the Stonebridge brand name now I think). They are excellent instruments and, at least in Europe, are very good value for the money. I usually say you're getting something like Taylor quality for around half the price - and we own both those brands! Furch does some gorgeous OM and GA models, I would suggest you check out the rosewood/cedar or rosewood/spruce combinations. Ours is a maple/spruce OM so potentially a little too bright or direct for your liking but we love it. We live in a cold climate (Sweden) so our worry is dehydration, not excess humidity and we need to keep our OM23SF humidified all the time. That said, it is one of the nicest acoustic guitars I have ever played.
Gibson ES-335 Studio 2016; Furch OM34sr 2015; Fender MiJ Geddy Lee Jazz bass, 2009; Taylor 414CE 2005; Guild D35 NT 1976; Fender MIM Classic 60s Tele 2008; Fender US Standard Strat 1992; G&L ASAT classic hollowbody 2005; Ibanez RG350MDX 2010(?); Ibanez Musician fretless, 1980s; Seymour Duncan Tube 84-40; Vox AC4TV;

Ex-pat Brit in Sweden