View Single Post
Old 07-01-2021, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssstewart View Post
Congrats on the new Git would love to see a pic. with the Epiphones/Fender Squires/ Yams/etc etc whether Made in China (MIC) or MIM/MII/MIK etc etc. they vary alot is quality and material with the biggest determiner being which run? 1st/2nd 3rd etc...you would think further down in runs would lead to greater quality or consistency but i have not found this to be the case... 1st runs usually have the highest quality material and conformance to what epi/fender etc expect, as you get to 2nd and 3rd runs the factories usually delve into alternate material/shortcuts based on what they have and time to expedite building. I have owned many many foreign made gits and some of them are 10x better than the USA or Quebec made gits..in the end dont judge a book by its Made in ???, some are amazing...some suck

Congrats again an happy picking.
You're spot on there ssstewart, just gotta pick em up and play em. I'll post up a pic soonest! As much as I prefer older, vintage instruments, the 2014 Sheri II definitely looks and feels like more of a solid build, like a cadillac... For truckers... The 80's Sheri was appealing mostly for the age and novelty, but I did notice it seemed a little more cheap looking even though it held its tune beautifully. The 2014 has got a nice chunky neck and you feel like you've got more of a beast in your hands It's a little on the glam side with it's ebony body and gold hardware, but definitely worth placing in the 1st team for abit.