View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
I'm still learning about voicing so I'm probably going to put the top on first. I could put the back on first but given the hiccups I've had with voicing and this odd bracing pattern I may want to tweak things with the chisel once the edges are affixed to the sides.
I really don't know anything about voicing myself but would like to learn more about it. I pretty much just followed the scalloping and bracing patterns on the plans that I have. I could hear several different "tones" depending on where I tapped on the top. I didn't really know what to listen for though to tell you the truth.

I believe on my next build I will glue the back on first. I glued the top on this build first but I was happy with the way my back came out once it was glued on. I didn't make a mess of it but then again I've used so much Tite Bond over the years that I have the experience to know about how much to use so that I I don't make such a mess. Mine actually came out much cleaner than I expected it to.

Keep posting pictures. I've enjoyed looking though this thread and following the build.