Thread: cost of strings
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 05:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodB View Post
I would suggest you are no longer getting such a good deal through Ebay as you once did, and this gives the impression that prices have risen so much.

From the UK I mainly use Fretsounds and StringDirect. Looking back at some purchases from these (made in Stirling) I note that:

- D’Addario NBs price FELL over the last 18 months or so - by about 5%, and 80/20s stayed the same. (StringsDirect)

- EJ16s went up less than 15% over the last 3 years, and Martin FX for my 12 string went up 5%

Also no dramatic changes in other strings I use, such as Wyres PBs.

Surely not so bad given the exchange rate change over the period.

Trust this helps,
Hi Rod,
Strings Direct were always my preferred provider, ,and always speedy delivery,but a couple of years ago theri prices got less competitive.

They are a regular ebay seller, but "reddansette" (Craigs Music) have been better priced.

I checked out fretsounds - hadn't heard of them, but they don't even stock ej17s!

BTW - to Fazool, this business about "fake" strings - all you need to do is look at seller's details to see if it is a genuine seller or not.