View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 10:34 AM

Default NGD: Steve Denvir 000 (All-Mahogany)

I commissioned this guitar from Steve about 10 months ago. I received it last week, a very reasonable timeframe considering the degree of custom work and that Steve moved to a new shop in the meantime. Mine is the first guitar completed at his new facility.

The guitar is an all mahogany 12 fret short scale 000.

Fit & Finish: Visually stunning with flame mahogany top, back and sides. French polish gives a 3 dimensional depth to the surface, that “glow from within” that I’ve seen only matched by the finish on my (now-gone) Kevin Kopp Nick Lucas.

The mahogany is contrasted beautifully by a tasteful use of ebony on the fretboard, pyramid bridge, binding, heel cap, bridge pins & head plate. The purfling has a fine red section sandwiched between 2 black sections.A cocobolo back plate on the headstock and an abalone rosette complete the appointments.

Tone: This is where it really shines – trebles are clear and full, mids are strong & solid and the bass is deep & resonant ( the kind of bass that seems to have a living, organic "feel it as well as hear it" dimension).Lots of sustain & rich overtones - a warm, responsive, full-bodied sound.

More pics and specs at: Steve Denvir 000

Last edited by Yggdrasil; 03-14-2015 at 11:00 AM.