View Single Post
Old 07-19-2016, 07:42 PM

Default SOLD PENDING PAYMENT - Gibson J-45 1946 PRICE DROP

SOLD PENDING PAYMENT This is a great player's 1946 J-45 and priced well at $3,800 to move (CONUS shipping only). It feels and sounds wonderful and it has become my daily player, always rewarding to play and record with. I have not owned it long, but a dream vintage guitar has just been offered to me so, much as I like this one, I need to sell a few instruments.

I played about twenty vintage J-45's and SJ's before this one (including some banner era) and as soon as I heard it in person, I bought it from another forum member. The guitar has great midrange and tons of bass, with excellent balance and I find it records very well. I find the sound very open and quite dynamic. (listen here:

Condition: I have priced the guitar recognizing a number of changed features. As you can see, the bridge has been replaced, the bridge-plate is also a rosewood replacement. The top is in good shape without cracks. There are two cracks in the one-piece mahogany back - not a big surprise with such a big piece of wood. These are stable and one has an internal repair (see below). The neck is a nice shape and comfortable. It would have been originally chunky, but it has been slimmed down some. The nut measures 1 5/8 rather than the 1 11/16ths it would have been originally. Tuners work great and it holds tuning very well.

For a little more on condition, I will quote the member I purchased it from:

String action a bit above .125 Low E 12th fret. Bob Jones stabilized back cracks and bracing and recommended not to replace the bridge no neck reset needed. Endpin was enlarged so Bob Colosi bone pin is there now. Strung up with .13 John Pearse phosphor bronze. Usable 40's or 50's case - not great shape but latches work.

Just ask if you need more photos.

Gibson J-45 1946 FOR SALE
Collings CL dlx P90's 2013
Fender stratocaster 1969 FOR SALE
Lowden S22 12 (Japan 1980's) FOR SALE
Martin 00-21 1934
Martin 000-18 shadetop 1953
Guild D40 1970

Last edited by Redbeams; 07-30-2016 at 12:14 PM.