View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
So, Ted;

Do you think the Smokey Parlor will have different tonal/projection qualities from the Parlors that have been so consistent?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales View Post
Rainsongs gloss finish is actually quite thin, which is probably why there isn't an appreciable tonal difference between the satin finish Smokey, and the gloss 12-Fret WS models. I'm guessing there wont be a drastic tonal difference between the Satin, and Gloss Parlors either, but I will know for sure in a few days. Stay tuned.
Ok, so I had some time with the new Rainsong Satin Parlor, the P12S, alongside a standard P12 in gloss, and there is a slight tonal difference. The Satin actually sounds a bit more lively, while the gloss has a bit more warmth. The difference is not as drastic as the difference between the Cargo RAW, and Cargo Gloss, but there is a slight difference.

BTW, playing the two ten minutes apart one would probably not be able to detect any tonal difference, so I would suggest folks choose based on either esthetic preference, or budget. My guess it that the Shorty and Parlor Satin models will be top sellers for Rainsong.