View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 01:31 AM

Default Do I need a better electric guitar whilst learning?

Ok well I have my Greg Bennet D7 acoustic which Im happy with and I also brought a cheap Fender Squire bullet for $100 AUD with a cheap Samick amp. Ive since brought a line 6 Spider 3 amp which is better than what I had.

The Squire was in ok condition but I replaced the saddles and the pick guard. But the pick guard I brought was a cheapy from eBay and the pick up slots are too big. The pick ups now sit on an angle either tilted forwards or backwards.

So my question is this. Do I bother to upgrade my guitar to a better one? Ive been bidding on a Squire California series (But missed out) and now a Squire classic vibe 60 series. I can't afford to spend $1000s on a proper Fender Strat or Tele so have only been looking at the cheaper squires. But Ive only been playing since June this year so am I better off just sticking with what Ive got and maybe upgrading in a year or 2 once Im better at it?

Or my other option is to maybe buy new pick ups etc for the bullet to make it sound better. Do it up a bit and stick with it.