View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 09:45 PM

Default 1948 Gibson LG-2 - now $XXXX, shipped - SOLD!

I received this little beauty this week in a trade and, frankly, it made me quickly realize I am NOT a vintage guitar guy. It sounds wonderful, but the thought of issues & repairs is keeping me up at night. I don’t have a luthier I trust to help me set it up and I just want to move on. It’s a shame because the tone is truly fantastic... so, bummer for me, but hopefully a deal for a vintage fan.

I took a few pics on my own today, but also included the link from the original ad on Reverb: 1948 Gibson LG-2 Tobacco burst w/ new LR Baggs M1 Pick-up included https://applink.reverb.com/item/1116...ck-up-included

**Please note - although the original ad notes there are no cracks, I see several (see attached pics). The two on the upper soundhole stop at the rosette; and there appear to be several more below the pick guard (as highlighted)

Additionally, the action is high for me - this model has a truss-rod, but I have not attempted to adjust. Finally, I was told the build date was validated by a vintage guitar shop prior to the last seller’s purchase, but I have not been able to independently verify it. (I can’t locate the serial number)

The above is substantially more disclosure than the norm - or at least more than I received upon purchase. Perhaps I am being very picky, particularly for a 70 year old instrument, but at least I’ll be able to sleep at night..

It is also worth noting that aside from the surface cracks and obvious finish issues, the rest of the guitar is in much better shape than I’ve seen in similar models. Hopefully someone here well versed in vintage instruments can give it the care it needs

Asking $XXXX, shipped

Happy to send more detailed pics or answer any questions - email preferred (LTashie - at - gmail dot com)

Last edited by KFP55; 05-06-2018 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Sold