View Single Post
Old 01-25-2020, 09:14 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by open-road-matt View Post
I bought a Felix almost a month ago to blend two sources in one of my guitars.

I'm trying out a different guitar that has the LR Baggs Anthem Stage Pro system. After some fiddling I got a nice sound out of the Anthem going straight into a QSC K10. I wanted to hear how it sounded through the Felix so I set that up and dialed in a very nice sound.

Channel 1 of the Felix has an excellent mic preamp and since that wasn't being used with this new guitar, I plugged my vocal mic in and took a blended signal out to the K10. It sounds fabulous!

I love the way the vocals sound through the Felix. The mic is an Audix OM5 with the EQ set flat and I'm getting a really nice, clear vocal tone that mixes really well with the guitar. I like the guitar/vocals mix I'm getting through the Felix better than what I'm getting with my QSC TouchMix.

I think I'm going to use this setup when I'm doing smaller shows with a single speaker. I'll still use the mixer when I'm using two front of house speakers and a monitor mix but this will be a very easy and great sounding setup for those smaller shows.

And, depending on my output configuration, I could even use the headphone jack on the Felix to my in-ears.

Pretty fun!

Matt
Yes clear uncolored pres are indeed what Grace is known for, and hard to go wrong with one , especially for vocals

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4