View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 05:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1960 View Post
I'm considering picking up a used Apogee Rosetta 800 192kHz to connect via ADAT to my Apollo X8p in order to give myself an additional eight i/o channels so I'm not limited in using my outboard gear. I can get a Rosetta 800 for around $600, perhaps less. I think it's the best balance I can strike between cost and quality.

I did put this question out there in a couple of UAD groups on Facebook and two people told me that did it and had no problems. My main worry was that there may be some jitter issues but neither of those two people complained of that.

Before I pull the trigger, I'm wondering if any of you can think of a reason that this would be a bad idea. I worry that I may be overlooking something.
Jitter ? wouldn't you simply use one as the master clock and one slaved to eliminate this ?
Which one would you use as you master clock?

I had a Rosetta 200 that I used in my first system, with a Digi 002 console and PT LE I thought is was a great piece of gear.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4