Thread: Sell or keep
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 07:13 AM

Default Sell or keep

I'm 70 years old. I have 3 beautiful playing and sounding Bourgeois (OMC, OO, O) that I bought custom ordered between 2010 and 2014. Around 2015, I bought a Buscarino Cabaret (nylon crossover). Since that time, I've barely touched my steel strings. Seriously. I used to change strings on each of the once a month. In the past 5 years, I've played them so little that I haven't changed the strings 5 times in 5 years. They just sit in their cases in my humidified music room at home. Every once in a while, I take them out and play them and marvel at how great they are and swear I will never sell them. Then I pick up my Buscarino Cabaret crossover and have absolutely no desire to play my other guitars. I live everything about my Cabaret better. The feel, the neck, the nut width, the number of frets to the body, the sound. Fit my style of music and playing better. I play better on it. But for some reason, I can't seem to let go of my Bourgeois babies. I'm not desperate for money, but, then again, it seems a waste to just have them sitting in their cases. I know this is a time worn question on here, but, do I keep them or sell them? Please, no abusive responses. Serious question.

Buscarino Cabaret
Bourgeois OMC (Adi/Madagascar)
Bourgeois OO (Aged Tone Adi/Mahogany)
Bourgeois 0 (Italian spruce/Madagascar)