Thread: I hate GAS!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2019, 08:44 AM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

Quote:
Originally Posted by brencat View Post
I somewhat share this sentiment. I'm at 6 now but that will be corrected to 5 in short order. Every acquisition I make is in the context of whether or not it can beat out what I currently own, and/or fill a missing niche somewhere. A guitar can make a great first impression, but later present issues like neck discomfort or long term playability problems that I can't live with long term. After a couple months however, I would think most of us have an inkling if it's a keeper.

If that were my collection, I'd start A/Bing like crazy, and separate the wheat from the chaff. My bet is you can get down to 10 - 12 pretty easily, and put a LOT of cash back into your pocket. My bet is that your two Pre*War guitars will be in the finals.

Good luck!

I resonate with this. I am at 5 on my way to 4. I got totally seduced by the tone of a guitar last year but after a couple of months realized that my left hand was not going to adjust to the nut width and scale length. But, I was still looking to fill a longing for a guitar with less overtones and more fundamental. So, I put one on consignment and commissioned the maker to build a custom for me. Couldn’t be happier and still regularly play the others.

I think that my GAS is pretty well cured as my 4 each bring something different tonally and my bank account has no more bandwidth for the guitar expense line.

Best,
Jayne