View Single Post
Old 05-28-2016, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Day two traveling in the motorhome... taking the long way to the Pacific Northwest. The X7 left our humidity and temperture controlled house, and has gone from 75% humidity the first night, to 7% humidity the second night. Texas is a big state with a lot of contrasts.

We are crossing west Texas during the annual Blowing Dirt Festival (Jan 1 through Dec 31 each year), being held in conjunction this year with the Crappy Road Festival. Yeah, it has been a windy, humid, dry, lumpy ride... if our kid didn't live in the Phoenix area, we wouldn't be going this way.

That said, the X7 has gotten some play each day and is still in tune. I am enjoying the size! And the sound. The guitar is handling this lack of humidity better than this island boy - I had to spray saline up my nose. The guitar couldn't wait to come out and play.
Saline in the CF Guitar wouldn't have any affect. Dripping saline on the guitar might be a little disturbing. In the words of an exasperated Dr. McCoy, "for God's sake Jim, be careful"
2012 RainSong H DR 1000(original owner)
2011 Gretsch Anniversary Model(original owner)
Mandolin- 1920's A-Style (unknown brand)
Mandolin- Fender Mandostrat
Banjo -2016 Gold Tone EBM-5+
Fender 2013- Strat