View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 03:49 AM

Martin, Phil, Leon - UK Invasion! Thanks for stopping by.

To be honest, I'm not sure about ETA - I'm guessing around 3 months from now if the build has started? You're right - it's something I need to find out, not least because I will need to visit the bank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racman View Post
- thanks for sharing the build with us.

There was a time that I had my eye on that piece of ABW....
Seriously, it is my pleasure.

The ABW is interesting. As I say in my first post, I had intended this guitar to be in wenge. But Jason seemed convinced that ABW would make a phenomenal MD (interestingly, he didn't recommend it for a smaller guitar [eg the OM], where he felt it's qualities might not be best put to work). Anyway, he had two really great sets. This one, and one that Ervin Somogyi had hand-picked, and which then ended up in Jason's hands (don't ask me how!). I would really have liked to get the set that Ervin had chosen - seemed such a nice story, and I would have "elements" of Master and Pupil in my guitar. However, the bottom line was that I preferred this set since I thought it was very slightly better quartered, so I went with it. Function over sentimentality! The other set was very, very good as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Boy View Post
...mine is scheduled for a Healdsburg 2013 delivery, so it will be a while.
Billy Boy - what are you having built? Would love to hear about it - let's have a Jason love-in on this thread!

Cheers,
Steve