View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 03:11 PM

All my guitars have a slight upward curve in the top and here humidity levels are averagely perfect most of the time. My Martin has a bit of a dip in front of the bridge, the Santa Cruz I have has way less curvature and stay better in tune then my Martins. They're all OM's but even the Taylors I own have a bit of a curve in the top and they're not as fragile build as my other guitars.

They play great and sound great, they'll probably remain like that for at least a decade I would say as long as I take good care of em. If you want to learn about measuring distortions in the guitar, get the right tools for it and visit some Luthier websites so you can do your own assessment instead of having to rely on commercially interested parties who may not have your interest in mind.

If you're not checking your Rh then you're only creating problems yourself, but there's a cheap and worthwhile alternative depending on the environment your guitars are in.

Btw if you loose 10% on a 10.000$ guitar then that's 1000$, if you loose 10% on a 1000$ guitar then that's 100$, hope that makes sense to you.

Ludwig