View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 05:37 PM
Charter Member

Dave/Juston/Barry,

Thanks for your kind words and well wishes... Yes, engaging a luthier who has built >600 guitars over 40+ year period using > 50 year old top wood set to make a guitar is stacking the deck a bit in the client’s favor.

All is fair in guitars and war...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondave View Post
Wow, those woods give me goose bumps...!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justonwo View Post
This is going to be totally awesome. A Franklin has always been at the top of my list of guitars to try, but I've never had the opportunity. I know that Luthier's Collection gets a fair number of them, but they aren't really in driving distance. This will be a fun one to follow. You're rolling out some drool-worthy build threads these days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitarro View Post
I have only played one Franklin guitar but it was a spruce/mahogany om and that was surprisingly more rosewood like than any non rosewood guitar that I have played. It had a thrilling treble on it and is an excellent guitar indeed. Your franklin has fine woods and with such an experienced and skilled luthier, ot has every chance of being a superb build. Definitely a custom build tjat I am going to lool forward to reading about in the weeks ahead.