View Single Post
Old 09-21-2021, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeStone View Post
Sounds like a great upgrade.

Jack and Washburn

Can you explain how you removed the circuit board?

Also, what were your issues with reusing the factory battery compartment?

Lastly, I have read it's better to have Mic closer to sound hole (in front of bridge pins).
Did you like the sound behind (closer to end pin) better?

Please share any advice before I or others try this PUP swap/ install.

Thx!
Jake...I'll try and answer from my perspective. There is a big circuit board attached on the inside near the endpin. You have to loosen and remove the black endpin compartment. Then you need a special tool to remove it. I believe the issue was the recessed nut, which you need to turn. I couldn't figure out how to do it and brought it to a luthier who was able to remove it.
There is no room to get a wrench around the nut, so I think he put a tool into the screw hole and loosened it like that somehow. Maybe Washburn can clarify how he did it. That was the major issue for me. Regarding the battery compartment, my luthier has some issue reconnecting the wires but I'm not sure what it was, but he figured it out.

The other thing is what Washburn mentioned.....the bridge is very narrow and the mic barely fits on it...I was able to get it to fit, but it was tight. I didn't want to directly attach it to the top but that may be a good alternative. I wonder if the Fishman Matrix Infinity Mic Blend pickup might be a better choice for this guitar, since the mic mounts to the side of the soundhole? I am on my second SC13e with the stock pickup and am able to get a decent sound, so I'm not sure I want to hassle with it again since my listening audience is fine with it as is and the sound upgrade would probably be just for me.

Edit: I just tried and I think you could fit the correct sized socket from a socket set in there to turn the recessed nut. Or maybe one of those box type wrenches if it's thin enough?
Here is a picture of the recessed nut

Last edited by JackB1; 09-21-2021 at 09:40 AM.