View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 09:30 PM

I am kind of in the same boat as the OP. I have been recording for years but am just getting into the acoustic world of guitar playing and am learning as I go.

I own a pure acoustic Taylor GS6. I got a shure sm57 and if you care to take a listen this is just the Taylor with a little bass guitar and also a smaill fill lead type lick here and there. But I was pleasantly surprised at how good it turned out. This is also direct in without any post eq settings or any post compression either. just straight in recorded with an SM57 into the interface with protools.

Now since that recording I have installed an LR Baggs Lyric microphone into my Taylor. It has not altered the natural sound at all and I am well pleased with that. However, I did it because I wanted to add some effects live while I recorded. I am just better at plug and play than I am as a recording engineer.

anyways, I have not made a different recording yet with the Lyric pick up for a comparison for others to hear but I have messed with it a bit and am very pleased.

Again, this is just me making a little track and fooling around and I do not claim whatsoever to be a good guitar player and I am even worse on acoustic. However, you can at least get an idea of how my sound turned out with the shure sm57.

https://www.reverbnation.com/timh73