View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 05:25 AM

Hey guys, thanks again for all the advice. I went down yesterday and tried both amps for a good hour and a half. Came home with the Princeton 65 reissue.

Don't think I've ever played an amp as nice. Never been happier with a purchase and that's even taking in consideration my acoustics. The fender deluxe 68 was also very nice but I felt it was just too loud for my purposes. At the volume i need the Princeton sounded better although I imagine at higher volumes the deluxe reverb would be the winner.

That said I'm interested in playing through the 68 custom model too at some point. Would be interested to hear how it compares with the earlier breakup.

I have a feeling my blackstar will be relegated to the role of rock now that I have the Princeton for bluesy stuff. Its tone flatters my playing for this style.

Cheers.

When you write, you wouldn’t just throw words into a bowl. There has to be a beginning, middle and end. Same thing with phrasing on the guitar"

Jimmie Vaughan