View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 11:24 AM

Thanks Karel for your comments!

Yeah, as I get further into it.. I will be doing separate tracks for vocs and guitars. Or simply do separate mic for both guitar and vocs.

Like you said, there is something about singing and playing at same time... For me I like the Live Performance aspect and record all at once.

More Bass Traps.. Seems to be the advice. I don't think I will be able to permanently install anything in this room or on walls/ ceiling (for now it is not possible since we may be moving this year). But I can build more of the panels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karel View Post
Sounds pretty good to me, Jake. Still a bit too much low (dreadnought?) frequencies which could be ameliorated by more bass traps and/or high pass filter. I would also raise the presence of your (nice!) voice somewhat. I usualy firstly record the guitar part and then do the singing. But deep in my heart I prefer the way you do it. I included in my first post the Auralex advice as was since it reflects your situation. Meanwhile I have placed my desk at the short side of my studio to create more room for guitar playing and singing; and adapted the wall paneling slightly.