View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 01:14 PM

JonPR, Thank you for clarifying.... Yes, I am trying to play a note with my pinky while holding the D chord. (If someone is reading this, you can refer to the YT vid on the original post)

And when I do that, the pinky wants to drag the ring finger away from D note (3rd fret B string) on to the 4th fret where the pinky is trying to go.

You wondered how old I was. I am in my forties, so yes, my fingers may not adapt as easily to new tasks.

Just to give an idea of my playing experience: It's really in the last 2 years that I've played on a consistent basis and pushed myself to improve. During this period, I've cleaned up a lot of my deficiencies, so I know things can improve with consistent and effective practice.

But this one seems especially difficult. I would like to hear from anyone that might have gone through this struggle... How to reach a note with a pinky while holding a chord, D chord in this case. I've seen this done with other chords as well and I marvel at it whenever I see someone doing that.