View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 02:23 PM

I'm an accidental singer. Started learning guitar and thought singing and playing would be too hard so just focused on the playing. My wife would sing along to the first song I learned and quite unintentionally I sang along on the chorus after perhaps 50 or more times of just playing it.

That was a eureka moment for me, I realized singing and playing at the same time wasn't all that hard after all and now I sing as much as I play and love it.

The justin guitar video posted in this thread covers the technicality of what happened to me, although in my case it was a far more casual experience.

At first I could only sing along to songs where the lyrics aligned with the chord changes. Over time, I learned to sing along to songs where the lyrics would kick in well before or well after the chords change. So choice of first song to sing in my opinion would be best if you stick to something simple. The goal is to get the confidence in your singing.

Jerry's guitar bar is also a fav of mine for lessons.

Just keep at it with the singing. Get really good with the song so you aren't thinking about the guitar and just sing sing sing. It's fun.