View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 06:21 AM

Your post isn't clear on what. If anything, you already have. I'll assume your guitar plugs in and you have no mic. A week or so ago, in this forum, I posted about the Yamaha AG06 - a usb mixer. The AG03 would do the trick for you and well. For $149, you get a nice USB-powered mixer which a few (editable) effects and terrific mic pro's. Plus, Cubase download comes with the mixer. As for a vocal mic, with this mixer you could use any mic you like -- dynamic or condenser.

If your guitar doesn't plug in, then you'd have to go with the AG06 to get another XLR for a mic for the guitar. It's only $50 more.

I have used Audacity (a free DAW) for years and have had good results with a variety of ways of getting the sound to it -- mixers to an interface (Presonus), mixer direct in to computer, USB mixer, Yamaha THR amp (USB), heck I even ran a mic into that amp and with double tracking I did vocals through it too!

Lots of ways to go. Just depends on what you have already.

If you could give us an idea of any gear you already have, i.e. your guitar and it's pickups, any vocal mic(s) you have, pc or mac.

I have a Tascam DR40 and have found the handheld recorders to be ok, but I've gotten the best results using a sound mixer to the computer.

One of the cheapest ways to go is to get a USB mic and use it with a free DAW, like Audacity. I highly recommend the Audio Technica ATR2100. Very quiet (no handling noise) mic with a sweet feature that allows monitoring as you go when using the USB connection. You could (with double tracking) use it for your guitar and vocals.

Last edited by YamahaGuy; 08-21-2019 at 06:27 AM.