Thread: Blackbird Savoy
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 08:07 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHart View Post
I'd say go with whatever difference makes a difference to you. That's all that matters!

I have so many different guitars, that I just roll with whatever happens to be under my fingers. . The subtle differences between them all don't seem to phase me that much. They each have their own unique sensibilities, advantages, and disadvantages.
Actually D, I always pretty much rolled with it too. Never gave it much thought until, for whatever reason, I became acutely aware of the comfort, ease of play and intimacy I was realizing from my small Cargo. Among the many reason, I’ve come to realize that the little extra string spacing was making a positive difference in my bare fingerpicking, and I liked it. So, I’ve only recently learned that if I have a choice, I’d go with 2-1/4”. Of course, finger size among players makes a difference in how this is perceived, or not. One might think that a player with short, stubby fingers would notice more and benefit from a bit wider spacing. Not necessarily so. Mine are fairly long and skinny, and I notice...after many years of not noticing though. Maybe it’s a byproduct of aging.