View Single Post
Old 11-24-2018, 06:16 AM
Guitar Gourmet

I took my kids to see DC Talk and reggae band called Christafari in the 1990s at a local outdoor amphitheater. It was general admission and we arrived first, so we ended up front row center. Christafari was a gas and I ended up right in front of the bassist - eye to eye and six feet away. I was his "energy draw." DC Talk, on the other hand, was murder. The crowd shifted up and forcefully squashed us against the barrier. I was a afraid for my kids and spent the whole time trying to protect them from being crushed. But if I opened up any space, someone else tried to slide into it, in front of us. It was aggravating and uncomfortable.

I was asked to create the publicity package for a 1990s solo piano tour for Rick Wakeman that he was doing for charity. As a return favor, the organizer, who knew I love Wakeman and YES, gave me front row center tickets to the performance in my area, right in front of him, and asked me to entertain Rick for the evening as well. It was hilarious and magical.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)