View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 05:22 AM

I recently wrote a little about mine here. A couple weeks ago I visited a very well stocked shop and played everything they had, then played everything again and again. After many hours I walked out with a Bourgeois Slope D Standard with an aged Adirondack top and Mahogany back and sides, 25" scale.

In my opinion, it was the best guitar there. I really love it.

The notes don't blend together too much when flatpicking, but don't stick out and become raspy sounding when strummed either. It has just the right mix for me. It fingerpicks fine, but I didn't really compare it to other guitars with fingerpicking.

The bass is loud and clear and while the treble does cut, it still has a certain musicality in it. When playing notes on the high e string, a lot of guitars just make a piercing sound of the note being played, but with this guitar you can really hear the guitar and not just a steel string against a steel fret. Not sure if that makes sense, but it really stood out to me when A/B-ing it to other guitars there.

I love the nut and string spacing as well as the 25" scale and the compound radius they use, it plays really easy. But if I have any at all criticism, is that for my hands, some deeper necks on some guitars in the shop did feel slightly better for me. It's not a very flat neck, but I tend to like them a bit on the deeper side. I have fairly long fingers. But I've played this guitar for hours each evening since I got it and haven't felt any fatigue, so it's probably more a thing of getting used to it then anything.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.