View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazool View Post
Well I think it's a direct response to Taylor's NT neck design - he even talked about not gluing the fretboard to the top - ala Taylor's NT. But this does improve on that with the scooped heel and length adjustment screw.
I was going for a "everything old is new again" vibe thing, but I agree with you that these are positive features. I like electric guitar in part because of the complete adjustability that's allowed, so this Martin acoustic model appeals to me (and I have 3 acoustic Taylors).

One thing I learned from the video is that Martin, on its "regular" models, deliberately creates a significant fallaway on the extension in order to accommodate neck movement due to weather changes. This amount of fallaway results in "higher felt action" and that, it seems to me, is why people seeking lower action on their Martins take the saddles down to nubs and then seek an early reset (or sell). It's a design thing, apparently. I've loved Martins' sound, but have previously balked because of that issue, so this new model bodes well, especially if they can carry the neck joint design over to their higher-end models.