View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 12:41 AM
Charter Member

I'd just keep in mind about Felix that it's not some magic box that transforms your tone into something completely new - it's a studio-grade preamp that stays out of the way, sonically, and transmits what's there. It's also a bit complicated, so it make take some getting used to. I'm still messing up with it and discovering I pushed a button somewhere that changes it.

As far as whether it "works", there isn't much of anything out there of any higher quality, sonically and feature-wise, in a single box - the only real competition for sonics and features would be the Pendulum SPS-1 rack unit. Laurence Juber uses it, Ed Gerhard uses it - possibly the the only 2 guitarists around who are pickier than you about their tone :-) Just kidding, but they are both really tone fanatics.

Whether it gives you what you want is another thing. ToneDexter, for example, takes a whole different philosophy - it's anything but transparent, it totally changes the output into something completely different from what goes in. Two different approaches to tone. And if your real problem is that you don't like the sound of K&Ks, I'm not sure Felix will solve the issue. But maybe, let us know!