Thread: ZOOM H4 test...
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2006, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITArchitect View Post
I am thinking of collecting songs from rehearsal at my church for reuse in practice in the future. I currently use an MD recoreder which works well but won't upload. I just hook the mic to my music stand. Nothing fancy. I could go get a feed from the board, but I need it near me to start and stop. Do you think the Zoom would work for that? We have acoustic guitar, base, drums, piano, keyboard and sometimes horns. I don't need high quality.
I've had mine for a couple of weeks now. I've made recordings of me & acoustic guitar, me & electric guitar amplified and of several folks at two different open mic venues. I'd say the recording quality has ranged from very good (me & acoustic) to good (amplified) to fair (open mics). Naturally, the reason for lousier recording quality at the open mics is the ambient noise from the audience.

To answer your question, yes, this would work very nicely for your purposes. Each time you stop recording and restart, the device creates a new file; which may suit your needs perfectly.

I bought mine through Music123 when they were offering a special sale requiring you to call in and speak to a sales rep. I saved $10 for a total of $289. I found a great deal on a 2GB SD card at Office Depot and another at Best Buy for Black Friday ($29).