View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 07:21 PM

I am serious about organization and filing for all info at work and at home. If you cannot put your hands on it quickly when needed, then you waste a lot of time. Just a little work and planning up front saves a lot of time down the road, well worth it.

I have a 3 ring binder that is now 2" thick of material these past 4 years. You have to pick categories of where things need to be filed. I did keep journal notes from my lessons and would go home or even in the truck to expand on what I learned during the lesson.

My notebook tabs are labeled as:

Lessons and Practice - journal of notes and lessons learned.
Guitar Music - this can be any type of info for how to play a song. I get a lot from the web like ultimate guitar. From my lessons we dissect song parts and techniques and write handwritten notes for that certain song. This is now 50% of the notebook.
Music Theory - chord charts, scale charts, box charts, quick reference guides when needed.
Guitar Notes - misc file for anything. Mine has guitar data for the ones I own, manuals, and home made chord charts, etc.
Bass - I took bass lessons for a year and this one tab is catchall for all that info.

The outside front of the notebook has a chord chart for quick reference and the back has complete notes of the guitar which is also very handy.
I created this on powerpoint and was very helpful in learning about notes on the neck. I use blank copies and highlighter for different exercises:
[IMG][/IMG]
2006 Yamaha F200TXR 4 stroke. My Guitars - Yamaha FG700S Sandburst; Epiphone Les Paul Standard; 2018 Yamaha LL-16D Natural; Ibanez Talman Bass; Fender Standard Telecaster; Yamaha FG820-12 Natural; Yamaha FS830 Tobacco Brown Sunburst; ....A beginner practicing almost everyday since 12/15/14....{:::]==={=O=I}

Last edited by polarred21; 11-27-2018 at 07:40 PM.