View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 09:44 AM

The next time you find yourself in the Anchorage, Alaska area give me a shout and you can play some of my guitars. If you do, you won’t be able to avoid trying guitars with armrests mounted on them, since they all have them.

Look, I don’t use them because I love the way they look - I don’t - and even though John Pearse was a dear friend of mine I don’t use the armrests out of some sort of loyalty to him. I use them because they’re extremely effective in doing exactly what they were designed to do.

Although I now own some fine dreadnoughts, for a long time I used only smaller body guitars onstage because I like their clarity and how easy they are to mic. By installing an armrest on these smaller guitars I can get the fullest bass response out of them that they’re capable of producing - which is a lot more than most guitarists realize, especially those who’ve never played anything other than dreadnoughts.

John Pearse armrests allow me to maximize the tone of my guitars, nothing more, nothing less.

Hope that makes more sense.

Wade Hampton Miller