View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 07:02 AM
Charter Member

Having a ‘Taran’ myself I have followed this thread (and in general the continued and significant design development that Rory incorporates) with great interest. A lovely guitar on it’s way.

When I was considering a Taran guitar about 3 years ago Rory advertised his ‘100th Intrument’ - a Taran model made with features I could have specified myself, so I grabbed the opportunity and have enjoyed it ever since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac View Post
Looking forward to seeing this build go to completion. I put some serious thought into ordering a Taran guitar a couple of years ago - support your local (more or less) luthier, etc. - but decided I was kidding myself on if I thought my playing justified the cost.

At the time I got a Lowden instead, but I'm interested to see what I passed up.
I also have 2 McIlroys which are in the same vein as a Lowden. Like the Taran they are keepers with a lot to offer in terms of response and tone, but I revel in the difference the Taran brings - completely different experience to play, immediacy of response, breadth of notes right up the fingerboard. Yes, mellifluous as said in the thread above.

My music Website or Soundcloud
Some videos on Youtube