Thread: Silly Moustache
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 05:24 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjathon View Post
I enjoy watching Silly Moustache’s videos on YouTube. He said that the wider 13/16” nut width on his Collings helped him play better. He loves 12 fret guitars and posted a nice video on his new Eastman E20P. He also has an excellent video on how to change strings on a slot head.

Well, I took his ideas to heart and bought a used Eastman E20oo on Reverb. Wow! What a great guitar. I play fingerstyle and have had trouble sounding loud enough. This guitar fixed that problem. It projects very well. It plays so nice that I feel as though I am cheating.

Ole Andy, from merry ole England, through his videos has helped me a bunch. Hats off to Andy!

Russ

Aw, shucks, t'weren't nut'n. (looks down at shoes).

I've been on this forum since 2006 (when I was still working - but mornings only by then, and it was something nice to do when I switched off my business computer and phone at 1.p.m.

In 2009, I started using YouTube initially in order to show picking friends how my repertoire went.
Then I did some very basic comparisons of my guitars.

After a while I detected oft repeated questions and challenges on this and other fora, (and on YouTube - love it when people comment/question on there) and realised that I might be able to help using YouTube videos.

I now have 1850 ish subscribers and we are nearing 375000 views.

I'm not clever, but I am old and you pick up some good ideas along the way - so why not share them ?

So, if you have been, thanks for watching.