View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 10:29 AM

Update guys !! Rosette and Rim (almost finished) !

The rosette's finally done... Not without hard work though, trust me !

As in the specs I wanted an oxidised metal work which is kind of Michaud Made's signature design on his guitars, although other luthiers are kind of "copying/borrowing" this from him now.

After discussing with Joel, hecame up with a first shot that he, for some miscommunication with me glued on my soundboard before checking with me it was all good to me (he thought he did).

Unfortunately it wasn't to my liking and didn't have the vibe I wanted like some results it had on other builds. Obviously with this technic, Joel can get quite a lot of shades of various colors and pattern to end up with. I felt terrible knowing he spent a lot of time on it... But I had to say I didn't really like this result and the colors...

Joel didn't know if he would be able to route out the pieces of metal without making any damage to this soundboard which is quite an extraordinaty special one, but said he wanted this guitar to look right for me, so he would take the risk and the extra work on it. Trust me, Joel would go any length to get it right for you. I'm so fortunate to have chosen him as my builder.

Thanks to his skills, in the end the risky operation was a success (Joel added a new skill to his craftsmanship with this one hahaha).

After discussing a bit more about my vision of the colors and looks. He came up with new pieces of oxidised metal that were so beautiful that I don't even have words for it. Just stunning !

I of course gave him a big thanks and told him he could definitely glue those on !!

The general idea for the Rosette design came from Joel and that we slightly tweaked together (it's a lot of fun, I don't wanna get too much into the design process, but Joel listens and is willing to tweak/adapt to your needs so it fits to you tastes which is awesome)

Here is the process and final result of the rosette (metal pieces are not glued yet) :

RIM (almost finished) :

Can't wait for the rest of the process !! Thanks to Joel for being so invested and patient with me ! He's the nicest guy you can find

Avalon Custom Auditorium Fan Fret Sinker Redwood/Ziricote
Furch 34 SR Stahl (custom) - Sitka/EIR
Classical Hanika 58CF - Alpine/Cocobolo
Yamaha LS16 - Engel/EIR
Alvarez MSD1 - Cedar/Mahogany
Breedlove C25 - Cedar/Mahogany
K-Country 1975 - Sitka/Mahogany
upcoming :
Michaud Made OM-R - ARW/ Swiss "moon"
Astrand A-OM - MRW - Euro Bearclaw