View Single Post
Old 12-23-2019, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreF View Post
Hi Su,

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.
Hi Andre,

I think it's time to address those issues I mentioned a week ago.

I've always had bad right hand technique and it was never addressed...partly because I was able to hold mine own as a student in high school and while as a music major in college. Starting a few months ago, I've been trying to fix my right hand. I've gone back and forth on different positions. When I play "p,i,m,a,m,i" repeatedly, my right hand has a certain shape. When I play "a,m,i" repeatedly, it has a new shape and the angle of strike is different for all three fingers. Once again, I've gone back and forth a handful of times trying to fix this issue. A week ago, I've started practicing "p,i,m,a,m,i,a,m,i" repeatedly...and I told myself I'm going to commit to that and make it work. For the most part, I see that it is sort of working and my right hand is slowly becoming used to it. On the down side, this process has hurt my triplets on Austurias. Before committing to the new right hand position, I was able to play the triplets beautifully at 100bpm using full planting. After making the change on my right hand, the triplets at 60 - 100bpm aren't as clean and the notes don't come out as full.

Hopefully this set back is only temporary while my right hand adjusts to the new position. If you have any advice for me, that would be awesome.

Thanks,
Su