View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 11:46 PM

So now I have a custom OF660 (abalone inlays, refinish, and now locking tuners). I've always been curious about locking tuners but they only seem to make sense on an electric guitar with a whammy bar. While there was nothing wrong with the 18:1 Grover Rotomatic minis in chrome that came stock on my OF660, I wanted locking tuners for this guitar due to the break down capabilities. The retainer does do a good job of keeping the strings within the confines of the nut width but I've noticed that the strings do still want to come unwound from the posts when the neck is broken down. These new machines with the retainer keep those pesky strings in total check

Here is the exact same spec'd out tuners as the stock except in black and locking. I also dyed the bone nut and saddle black (thanks for the tips GuitarLuva- who is probably not posting lately because he has a new X30 to keep him busy). My guitar is now completely blacked out except for the blue top. String changes are an absolute breeze (doesn't even require one full wrap). I also hated the cheap plastic excuse for a truss rod cover and I'm considering getting a custom one made from CF but have to find a maker.