View Single Post
Old 03-24-2024, 05:46 AM

Default JWJ Guitars. Anyone Tried One?

Twice now I've come across a Guitar World article touting JWJ Guitars as “Quite simply one of the best ‘entry level’ acoustic guitars we’ve experienced.” Considering Guitar World's focus, that's a pretty strong statement to make. Their verdict pretty much says it all:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar World
For a little under £1.3k you’re getting a hand-crafted instrument made from premium bodywoods, a hand-applied nitro finish, upscaled hardware in terms of string pegs, tuners and so on... Put all this together with the JWJ’s sound, feel and addictive playability and the whole deal becomes something of a no-brainer.
Consider that in the same issue, Taylor's 50th Anniversary 814ce Builder’s Edition is also given the going over, which at $5K is an expected price point for a guitar of this nature, and the JWJ "Hog" is even more of a surprise.

Not everyone might think $1,600 (converted from pounds) is inexpensive for a guitar, but if a $5,000 Taylor isn't in your budget, the JWJ might fit.

Except I've never heard of them. Don't know if they're available outside the U.K. but it would be interesting if anyone's put hands on one.

Photo, from Guitar World: