View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whvick View Post
And would the sensor be too thick?
The pressure plate was floating and probably has a enough "backlash/play" to allow for a thin sensor. Again, if I remember, I could ask my friend about the this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photojeep View Post
...FTb .....

But in the interest of full disclosure, I still consider my 8x10 field camera my "hobby" camera
I started out on a FTb in high school astronomy class. While in college I got an AE-1 Program that I used for about a year, then straight traded it for a FTb-N that I used until getting an F-1n about a year after that

For many years I had a pre=war Deardorff 8x10 with a triple convertible Wollensak Velostigmat lens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whvick View Post
For you guys talking about 6Ds. I got one when my 5D died. It is a very impressive camera. I had my old 5D and flash setting down pretty good, so the 6D does challenge me in that regard. But the images are great and the in camera processing is impressive. I imagine the Mark II is better, but I hardly use any of the 6d features. I do really like that it can Bluetooth to my phone.
As you can tell Grandpa is a little behind the times, but it is all good fun!
I used to have a 30D, which was basically a 5D in APS-C format. I gave that to a friend of mine when I got my 6D.