View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneuphtoner View Post
Good point there also - and even though I recently switched from Taylor to Martin, I still have no idea about what the differences are between my HD-28 and a D-41, or even a D-45 for that matter. Differences in bling are obvious, but Martin certainly doesn't do a good job of explaining the different grades of wood, subtle differences in bracing, etc. that separate these models. Although I switched from Taylor to Martin because of the increased tone and resonance, I think Taylor could teach Martin a thing or two about educating newer players like me about their offerings.
I'm with you on this 100%! My D-41 is my first Martin coming from a strictly Taylor background and I had to make a thread on here asking for the differences since I was lost! Thanks to the great folks here on AGF and by doing some research, I have a better understanding of their guitars, but I'm still clueless to most of it. I had Taylor guitars number systems down to a tee and even did a powerpoint lesson on it for an Instructor Development class I was attending!

2019 Bourgeois “Banjo Killer” Aged Tone Vintage Deluxe D
2018 Martin D41 Ambertone (2018 Reimagined)
2016 Taylor GS Mini Koa ES2