View Single Post
Old 06-22-2021, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
I've been as interested in nylon string guitars as I am in playing them; I've traveled through 50 of them. I find their long history and continual evolution to be fascinating.

I like having a quality instrument but I do not associate cost with quality. For example I use my brother-in-laws expensive Ramirez as a comparison point but find that a Cordoba at less than half the cost sounds just as good.

For someone just starting out with nylon I recommend picking up any reasonably priced instrument made by a reliable company. It may not have the projection and tonal qualities of a $10,000 instrument, but it will offer the feel and warmth of nylon strung guitars, will be a start.

that's my 2 cents
A lot of truth here.

I don't tend to play my nylon all that much, but when I do I'm always amazed at the tonality and resonance such a simple instrument can produce. My Cordoba Orchestra Fusion is also light as a feather.

Focusing on what type of music is best suited for nylon strung guitar is going to limit anyone unnecessarily. You can play anything you want, and the only person it has to please is you.

Probably an overused example, but Willy Nelson plays all sorts of music on his nylon and it doesn't seem to have limited his abilities.