View Single Post
Old 02-16-2021, 11:48 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpino View Post
The Pro 16 has 2x 1-star reviews on Sweetwater.com out of 5. I’d urge you to read them. This is not a skewed sample size either, check youtube/other music retailer reviews, same thing.

These units were rushed. How do we know this? They have compromised wobbly connections/components, can develop a rattle, and some even have a permanent high hiss.

If I had to have a stick PA, hands down the EV Evolve 30M or EV Evolve 50M are a much more reliable choice. Or the Fishman SA for portability. But by all means, keep drinking that $1800 Bose koolaid.
May I suggest you start your own thread (respectfully) about the struggles you have experienced so others will see that and chime in. Especially if it's with the Bose L1 Pro16. They may have a different set of challenges than the L1 Pro8, which is really the point of this thread.

I have had a good experience so far with the Pro8 I have. I really do believe your experience and input is valid and deserves its own thread. It will be easier for others to identify with and comment on.

I hope mine stays reliable. I gigged it yesterday at a winery outdoors on a very windy day. The connection of the tower remained solid.
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com

Last edited by Groberts; 02-16-2021 at 04:19 PM.