View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirwhale View Post
That's a nice budget you have there, which should allow you to buy something quite nice.

Be wary that I transitioned from steel string guitars to flamenco guitars while still playing the same songs. I would definitely say the play-ability of a proper nylon string guitar is far superior to a steel string. I actually bought a crossover at first, but after two months sold it and got a proper flamenco guitar. I would also say that for the money, you will get better flamenco and classical guitars than crossovers.

First advice would be to try some flamenco or classical guitars. You may quickly realise that you like that fretboard. If you want an idea of good brands, I couldn't recommend Camps enough.

Otherwise you should look at crossovers, but I would recommend a minimum nut width of 48mm. I think Furch crossovers have a smaller nut than that.
Thanks for your advice.
I've tried a Ramirez cut 1, but i think the playability is not that good, especially on upper frets where I often use. So I think I would still prefer a crossover guitar. Seems I have to accept the fact that the sound of the crossover guitar may not be as good as ordinary classical guitar.