View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 09:20 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
Some people feel that CF has no personality while wood is revered for its beauty. Many of us aren't necessarily "traditionalists" but we prefer things that are organic and unique because we enjoy it, not because of tradition. I can spend hours looking at nature but I wouldn't spend more than a couple minutes looking at a CGI representation of nature. I crave that connection to the earth, as I do with a wood guitar. If I am going to spend over a thousand on an instrument, it had better have beautiful and natural wood grains that I can admire. Some guys value reliability and ease of use more than aesthetics so they naturally gravitate to the advantages of CF. All depends on what you like and most prefer wood over CF.
Some of the effects that CF finishes are achieving, like Emerald whose CF weave almost has a 3D appearance, are amazing and very cool to look at…real eye-catchers. Emerald is even building some models with a beautiful embedded wood layer such as bubinga and curly maple. At first I didn't care for a non-tone contributing layer of wood in CF, but as time goes on, it is gorgeous.