View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 12:46 AM

Default SA220 with Mixer Set-up

Hello, New first time poster here.

Long time player but new to running my own live sound. Just got a Fishman SA-220, been wanting to get a nice rig to be able to do small parties, events etc....many positive reviews on this forum helped make that decision.

I have a event soon (fund-raiser at a brew-pub style restaurant) with 2 other guys, both just acoustics and vocals. Got a Yamaha mixer (8 channel) to accomplish this with our multiple (6) inputs thinking it would be fairly simple and still sound good thru the Fishman.

So.....taking everything and test driving the new gear tonight I have found that the SA 220 sounds great, and was simple to set-up when I just put my guitar into channel 1 and the vocal mic into 2. No problems.

However, tried putting the guitar and mic through the mixer just to start getting used to it before I try it for real with the other guys and several inputs....and no luck with any sound.

Read and re-read the mixer manual, still couldn't get any sound to the SA220. I connected the mixer via the stereo output jacks (2) to the Solo-amp into channel 1. Checked mute button off etc....tried the Solo amp channel 2, tried the Aux input on the back of the solo amp. Tried the monitor outputs on the mixer. Slowly increased gain levels, gain and master volume on the SA-220 etc. A little bit puzzled, and thought someone on this forum may have a recommendation.

Does anyone use a SoloAmp with a mixer and am I missing something simple? Again, the guitar and amp worked fine directly to the SoloAmp: Taylor 710 with Fishman ellipse matrix blend and a Electrovoice nd767 dynamic mic.

The sales rep at GC where I bought the mixer seemed pretty knowledgeable and hooked me up with the cables he said I would need. Hopefully not a defective mixer or something.....I'm hoping it is just operator error at this point.

Thanks for any help,

Steve