View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbach View Post
Hi! Yes i am actually thinking this as well as i was looking around to look at other offers which are mainly in the US tho. I thought that maybe the prices in the last years surged a lot and the price is high because its sold in Paris , Europe but maybe i would overpay a lot...
With Martin prices go down somewhat evenly over time, at least looking at 'periods' (most 50s guitars are going to be at a similar pricepoint, which is going to be less than late 40s guitars but more than early 60s guitars). There are rare exceptions, for instance "mystery top" spruce guitars in '53 or the late 50s, but for the most part, the older the more valuable, and in the case of wartime and pre-war, significantly more valuable.

I'm sure what you're seeing is the lack of local availability, but I think if you were to open up your search to much of Europe you'd find a market somewhat closer to the US.

Given that the 0-18 is a much better deal. They sell MAP for $2500 in the states, so not much less than you're seeing locally.